This page was exported from Gainesville Commission on the Status of Women
Export date: Thu Aug 22 19:47:37 2019 / +0000 GMT
January 24, 2017 at 5:30p.m. 2100 NW 53rd Ave. Suite A (Peaceful Paths). Present were Taraneh Darabi, Victoria Condor-Williams, Kristy Sasser, Molly McGowan and Chuck Dale
5:30 P.M. Introductions/Sign-In 5:35 P.M. Calendar for year (attached)
Updates on: 1. Treasurer's Report – a. Current Balance – $7683.34
2. Reports: a. Education Committee- Victoria Condor-Williams i. Women's History Month Awards Reception- just received the date confirmation for Women's History Month Awards Reception, it will held at University House on Wednesday, March 1, 5:30 - 7:00pm ii. Nomination Form - Deadline for nomination for the Elizabeth Cady Stanton/Ida B. Wells awards is January 30th, 2017. Nomination form attached. Please feel free to contact Victoria at 352-378-9787 if you have any questions. iii. Motion to pay for award plaques, motion to approve by Victoria, unanimous in favor (Taraneh, Molly, Kristy and Victoria), cost to be billed through Trophy Shop for approximately $70.00 iv. Next Meeting: Thursday, February 2 @ 5:30pm @ 4510 NW 14th Place (Suburban Heights Subdivision) b. Social Action/Media Committee- i. Conference Committee- OVC TTAC is helping with the keynote and a workshop (including travel) at no charge. This is a huge help to the budget. Thank you members of the committee! ii. Survivor's Art Exhibit Committee- Meeting regularly and have space planned.
3. Project Ideas for year- a. 2017 Women's Day at the Capitol: March 29th &30th - Bella is going information is available at http://fcsw.net/resources/contact-us/activities-and-events/2016womens-day-at-the-capitol/ b. GED Tutoring- Peaceful Paths is looking to start more client education and social activities, one of which is GED tutoring, maybe we could help? Just an idea, we can discuss at the next meeting.
4. New Business- a. Passing of Polly Doughty on 1/18/2017 who was a long-term community member who supported many causes along with her husband Paul. No arrangements have been announced yet. It was asked that we put an acknowledgement of her service on the website and make a dedication at the Women's History Awards ceremony. b. Latina Women's League- Bronze Sponsorship ($300.00 same as last year) for film festival. Motion to approve by Victoria, unanimous in favor (Taraneh, Molly, Kristy and Victoria)
5. Items of interest attached: a. Florida Commission 2016 Report b. Cardiovascular Technology flier for free testing
6. Next Meeting- February 20th, 2017 Adjourned 6:25PM
Post date: 2017-01-24 20:48:16
Post date GMT: 2017-01-24 20:48:16
Post modified date: 2019-04-26 21:00:31
Post modified date GMT: 2019-04-26 21:00:31
Powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin. MS Word saving format developed by gVectors Team www.gVectors.com