Our next meeting is on February 15, 2016 at Peaceful Paths, 2100 NW 53rd Ave. Suite A Gainesville, FL 32653.
GCOSW Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Attended by: Molly McGowan, Taraneh Darabi, Kristy Sasser, Bella Blizzard and guests Giselle Honeycutt and Angie Chesser
Meeting started at 5:35 p.m.
Annual Conference Committee-
- Co-chairs are Annie Carper and Brandi Corbin
- Being held on May 10th (Tuesday)
- Most of the speakers and morning keynote are set, waiting on a few to sign their contracts and to finalize food.
- Trying to decide on a name for the Conference and Comittee
Survivors Art Exhibit-
- Will probably be held at The Bull (Bar and Coffee Shop) from May 8-14th with a closing reception
- Current Balance is $8714.47
We have several people who are members but not currently active on the Board for work or physical reasons. The by-laws may need to be amended to allow “emeritus” or lifetime members.
Look into asking someone from the MLK Committee to come speak with us and possibly join our organization.
- Bella Blizzard is going to the induction ceremony for the Women’s Hall of Fame will to be held on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. on the 22ndfloor of the Florida Capitol in Tallahassee and the 3rd Annual Women’s Day at the Capitol on January 28th. She will be representing Sheriff Sadie Darnell.
- Taraneh Darabi will be going to New York in February to a meeting at the United Nations.
- There is a panel on Human Trafficking “Raising Awareness and What We Can Do” on Saturday, January 23, 2016 at Cone Park Library 2801 E. University Ave. at 10:30 a.m.
Next meeting will be at Peaceful Paths on February 15th at 5:30 pm