GCOSW Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 16, 2016 at 5:30p.m.
2100 NW 53rd Ave. Suite A (Peaceful Paths).
5:30 P.M. Introductions/Sign-In
Attended by: JoAnn Wilkes, Victoria Condor-Williams, Bella Blizzard, Molly McGowan, Angie Chesser, Kristy Sasser, Taraneh Dahrabi
5:35 P.M. Meeting Minutes from last meeting- minutes submitted by Molly McGowan Motion to approve by Victoria and seconded by Bella
- Treasurer’s Report –
- Current Balance $9,092.17
- CD’s are 5330.74 and 2551.96 respectively
- Conference Committee- Conference is on May 10th and Save the Date cards are going out soon.
- Survivor’s Art Exhibit– Report from Whitney Shadowens- Call for Artists will be going out soon, dates are May 9-13th with closing reception on the 13th.
- Education Committee– Report by Victoria Condor-Williams- Women’s History month reception and awards will be on March 8th at 5:30 at the Former UF President’s home.
- Community Relations-No report
- Florida Women’s Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- Bella Blizzard was able to go thanks to Sheriff Darnell, she enjoyed her time meeting others with ladies from other Commissions around and representing the State. She then attended the 2016 Women’s Day at the Capitol.
Next Meeting– We will not be meeting in March because of the Women’s History Month Reception, so our next meeting is April 18th at 5:30pm at Peaceful Paths.
The Latina Women’s League and the Latina Film Festival asked for a sponsorship for this year, they sent a formal request. This was voted on and unanimously approved. The amount is $300.
Meeting dates this year- Please mark these on your calendars!
June 20- Reports from Conference
Peaceful Paths Guest Chef March 10th 6:00-8:00